Search This Blog

Thursday, February 5, 2009

NEWS STORY CHECKLIST

Teacher Name: Mr. Kabir

Student Name: _____________________________
Reviewer Name: ___________________________

Date: _________________



Project: News Stories


CATEGORY RESPONSIBILITIES

Appearance
I balanced design aspects with content.
The graphics are easy to see.
Graphics are clear and not pixellated.
Sounds and music are easy to hear.
Transitions are not distracting or boring.

Media Use
I used original art, animations or photographs.
I used orginal music or sound effects.
I used voice-overs.
I used media in accordance with copyright.
I used media ethically and appropriately.
My media helps the user understand my topic better.

Organization
I used an outline or storyboard to organize my ideas, information, and thoughts.
I organized my ideas in a meaningful and logical way.
I gave a full explanation of my topic and subtopics.
I clearly answered questions people might have about the topic.

Preparation
I planned my time wisely to assure access to needed materials.
I made a timeline of when key components needed to be done.
I made an outline or storyboard to organize my thoughts and ideas.
I decided on a topic and several subtopics.
I brainstormed questions that needed to be answered about the topic.
I used feedback from others to refine my topic and questions.

Resources
I used a variety of resources when collecting information.
I consulted resources that showed different perspectives on the topic.
I used electronic resources (Internet, CD-ROMs).
I used print resources (books, magazines, textbooks, newspapers).
I used reference materials (encyclopedia, dictionaries, thesaurus, atlas, etc.)
I used interviews with people affected by the topic.
I used material in accordance with copyright.

No comments: